Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The junk that came

My hubby once in a way takes pity on me and takes it upon himself to get my handbag in order. By that I mean he litrally just empties my handbag and keeps it in sight so I have no option but to sort out the junk.

On my part to avoid accumulating junk I have tried downsizing my handbag. My logic if there is no space to store, there will be less clutter. I thought it was working fine, until yest when I saw what came out of my small handbag.

12 pens. yup!! V just gave me this look..."Really?Are you stealing at work". For this I plead selective amnesia. What can a poor girl do if she forgets it is in her purse all along. And I have so much going on to keep count of pens in my bag.

Next is my collection of to-do lists or to-buy lists. abt 20 in all stuck in different pockets and waiting to be trashed. To this what can I say I'm so good in planning see how diligently I have written out the lists. V countered with "if only you were as good in executing" It did not stop with that he went on to read the lists. one of the weekend to-do items "Try to keep kids as entertained as possible" V (lol) -> "Are you planning to put on an act". But believe me this is a task in itself....although doesn't need to be on the list.
V after going thru the lists "aren't you being over-zealous....I mean how on earth are you planning to get all this done in 1 weekend with 2 hyperactive toddlers in tow" My response " Who said I need to get everything done....I just over planned so that atleast somethings on the list actually get done. If it is not done it would get transferred to the next weekends list.Simple.".

Moving on...next is a bulky purse which holds the credit cards and other essentials. Thats a must have how can you argue with that. V -> atleast it can be a less bulky purse. Me -> No thats not possible I really like the purse. it has always been with me(even though I have misplaced it numerous times....it hasn't managed to leave me)

Next accessories. V-> why do you have a comb, chapstick, and 3 hair clips. Me - "Hello you call that a lot. you should have had an American wife then you would know what accessories mean."

Bills -> truckload of them. ok that needs to be torn and trashed. Point taken.

Yay!! My bag does feel lighter today. I signoff with that until the junk starts accumulating again.

No comments: