Monday, March 17, 2008

Make-up time

I take the public transport aka. the BART train for commute to work.Its is been a very interesting journey for me on most days. frustrating on a few days that the train is delayed or I missed by a couple of minutes. Also on days when I have to bare it in the cold weather and walk a mile to catch the train.All in all I enjoy my "personal time" where I can catch up on books/sleep/news and get away from all the tension.
I'm also equally amazed watching the fairer sex demonstrating a complete transformation in the 35 mins ride. I can refer to them as a seperate lot because I dont indulge in it(make up that is). Not that I think I'm a stunner but maybe it just stems from the fact that....we as a race give more importance to thought/intelligence/wit/even clothesbefore the face. Whatever the reason, I was diligently watching as the lady opposite me started for a whole 10 minutes with the eye curler to be followed by another 5-10 mins of foundation and looking thru a small hand held mirror. Just when I thought she was done she would surprise me with her next move. This went on for abt 30 mins. Looking at the outcome I couldn't resist taking a peek at myself in the train window and going "Oh man I look like a doormat...esp near the piece of work sitting opposite me".
Taking my mind off I get back to my novel and happy to spend the quality time on my fav passtime rather than decking myself with layers of make up.

No comments: