Saturday, March 15, 2008

Morning Madness!!!

Recently I watched a wonderful movie - Taare zameen par. while this movie in itself
has a lot that can be discussed, the scene where everybody jet setting for the morning
...was like a slice of my everyday!!
My mornings typically start at 5:30 am. After hitting the snooze button couple of times I sluggishly step out of the bed. I grumble while my hubby and kids are blissfully asleep.
Then I start timing myself and pacing arnd getting tea ready/breakfast, packing lunch all
this while cutting veggies for dinner and catching up some news. Done with that I decide to set
aside some time for gym. The back of my mind offcourse telling me there is no time. After some
back and forth thoughts I decide to give in.

So head for a 20 mins of treadmill session. Once there it turns out to 30 mins(u see it is once in
a blue moon that I exercise and my logic is to make the most). in between I hear my lil ones
coming downstairs with a cry(which I at times pretend to ignore). done with that I'm refreshed
and ready to take on the next battle.

Its 6:45 and my daughters gingerly descend the steps...a few hugs and kisses later my daughter
very nonchalently asks me "today is holiday" I reply with a firm "No" to which "where are we going today?" Mall" I go "No where do you go everyday. School" which will be followed by "School. but why?".Mind you I have 2 so if one forgets to ask a question she would be quickly prompted by the other.

Finally I decide there is no time for the questions and answer session and nudge them to get on.
10 mins later I find them blissfully playing in their rooms and telling me they are doing "cooking"
at which point my hubby comes to the rescue to continue the rest while I get ready. Thank god for V who takes care of the mornings and ensure I get to work on time.

Once ready I find my hubby struggling with the kids to get them dressed. which by the way is
nothing short of a mahabharat with 1 of my daughter not agreeing on anything sensible to wear.
either she would want to go in a ghagra/her night dress/nothing at all. The poor parents would
be left to cajole/beg/plead followed by threaten. to get her to finally get her act together.
I would heave a sigh of relief. 1 task done...I would leave the rest to my better half and start headingtowards the door after a quick bye and a hug...dreading my lil ones are not running after me.

If I'm lucky I can get out of the house by 7:30. not so lucky on some when my daughters would come racing after me and go "Today mummy is going to drop me to school" I would go "oh no" and I have to convince them that I will pick them up and follow it with a treat. Finally out of the house and it is past 7:40.
Thinking to myself if I'm lucky and all the lights are n my favour I can make it to the station and take the 8'oclock train. I tell myself tomo I should aim for the 7:45....I'm really slacking.
drive to the station praying/cussing that I make the train on time. finally reach and park with a minute to spare and a mile to pace I walk run and partly hoping my bart card does not get demagnetised and force me to miss the train.

Finally made it and step into the train. I take my seat and with a smile on my face think
Thank god for some peace and drift into a nap!!!

No comments: