Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring is here....

Yesterday was officially the first day of spring. unofficiallyit seemed like I was eternally waiting for Spring and summer to finally make way. When it comes to weather I'm a complete sucker for warmer climes.
You would think having spent a lifetime in Chennai where the only season of the year was summer....would have somehow changed my belief. If anything it increased my affinity for the hot weather. I just hate winters period. I can't thank my stars enough that I'm in Calif. where I dont have to experiance the harsh winter. Even then I complain big time when V turns the heater down.
Spring brings a lot of beauty with it...everywhere you look there are flowers/fruits blooming. Even the uncared for trees in my backyard have started flowering in abundance. It is so refreshing to just look outside my window.
I also love the spring for the daylight saving time change which gives us an extra hour of sunshine. It feels great to be back home when there is still daylight.doesn't seem like we are working too hard(which by no strech I am).
The other reason I look forward to this season is to finally get to wear my summer clothes - summer tops/skirts/capris. without having to cover it up with an oversized coat.The colors and the floral prints on display are just amazing. I cant wait to go shopping.
Spring on the other hand is also a season of allergies. Hope I dont start sniffling!!

No comments: